8.12.2018

Bespoke Backgammon


My paternal grandparents, Janet & Harold, had an evening tradition that lasted for over 20 years-- they played backgammon every night with their cocktails. I remember as a teenager, flipping through the numerous notepads that held the long-running game totals, and thinking that they were so old-fashioned. As a mother of a Fortnite player, I can now truly appreciate the unplugged nature of backgammon, or chess, or any other board game. I came across Nine Fair Backgammon when looking for a 50th wedding anniversary gift for my parents, who also play backgammon together (although, not each and every night). They make beautiful custom boards for the game playing enthusiast-- perfect for wedding, housewarming, or anniversary gifts. I am a sucker for anything personalized, so this qualifies as a whimsical favorite.
SaveSave