7.23.2018

My Very First Post!


Why are you starting a blog? This was the question my mother asked me when I called to tell her about my new venture (thanks for the confidence, Mom). Her bluntness made me hesitate, because, really I wasn't even sure why myself. I knew that I was constantly sharing product advice and book recommendations with friends and family-- I once spent part of an exercise class discussing my favorite face and body bronzers. These moments may seem trivial to some, but it still felt good to share something with people who were interested in what I had to say. I found that many of my friends were eager for beauty bits of advice or anything that was pertinent to our lives--especially when it came to anti-aging, looking and feeling our best and keeping our minds sharp. As a busy mom of three kids, I have to set aside quality time for myself--to satisfy my cravings to be creative, to be effective, and to be fulfilled. I'm an avid reader and lover of new skin products. I'm a sucker for anything monogrammed and I can get lost online looking for that perfect leopard print! I look forward to girls' nights with my friends where we swap stories as well as ideas-- and perhaps I can do that here as well. With all of that in mind, I decided to flex my creative muscles and begin the process of designing a blog. I was proud to create something of my own and felt a sense of accomplishment when it was close to completion--even though it evolves each day. The thought of publishing blog posts is nerve-wracking, exciting, and downright scary, but I decided the best way to begin was to dive right in. Hopefully, you will enjoy sharing some of my ideas, whether they be significant or whimsical. 
Welcome to WHIT & WHIMSY!