8.25.2018

Sensational Skin Care

   

"For anyone confused about the sudden explosion of Korean beauty products on the market now, this is the perfect place to start. Charlotte's book is a mix of memoir, how-to guide, and beauty shopping companion all in one." (Cheryl Wischhover, beauty editor at large, Fashionista.com)

In my earlier post entitled, Gothamista Guru, I spoke about Renée Chow, a YouTube vlogger who I have been following recently. As a brand researcher and product developer for over 10 years, she brings experience and enthusiasm to her Korean beauty product reviews. The industry is growing rapidly as more K-Beauty based websites emerge, such as Glow Recipe, Beauty Tap and my favorite, Soko Glam. Charlotte Cho, the founder of Soko Glam, wrote a guide to Korean beauty that I found to be just what I needed to get me started. Since the Korean beauty method involves a 7-10 step routine, it can seem overwhelming, but Charlotte breaks it down for the reader, clarifying steps and explaining the science behind the process. I highly recommend this book as a guide for anyone who is curious about Korean skincare, which emphasizes the nourishment of the skin over time. This long-term, gentle approach is what really helps skin get that lit-from-within glow. My skin has definitely improved ever since I made the switch and I feel confident that my routine is working (although I still have a lot to learn and more products to try). Now more than ever I am embracing the philosophy of all-natural ingredients that are rich in antioxidants and hydrating properties. The Little Book of Skin Care: Korean Beauty Secrets for Healthy, Glowing Skin $19.