8.03.2018

Rethinking Rosé

Summer for me means the beach, road trips, my birthday...and rosé. After weeks of creating this blog and writing these posts, it's finally time to celebrate the launch of WHIT & WHIMSY (plus, it's my birthday this weekend). Naturally, I will be toasting with a big glass of my new favorite bottle of rosé. I love the crisp, subtle taste, but hate the additional calories. So, I was excited when a friend of mine (thanks K!) told me about a new artisanal wine that is sugar-free, all natural and additive free (think fewer headaches). Most importantly it tastes like some of my favorite labels. Dry Farm Wines offers the Rosé Collection for $88, a 3-month summer subscription (3 shipments with 3 rosés each, shipped in July, August and September.) To place an order, you may need to contact them directly since these tend to sell out. As of today, these wines are only offered online. But, if you are looking for a great bottle that you can find now at your local liquor store, I recommend MiMi en Provence. If you favor the quintessential rosé, Whispering Angel, then you will enjoy this one too (I like it a little bit more). The bottle comes with a lovely glass stopper-- a chic detail if you are giving it as a hostess gift. Wine.com says this: "It possesses a complex nose reminiscent of red berries and fresh ripe white peaches." MiMi en Provence Grand Reserve Rosé 2017 $17, but I found it at my local store for $14.  
                             

Perhaps the most whimsical 😜 rosé of the bunch is called French Pool Toy Rosé $14. This plastic bottle is completely recyclable, and because it also has a convenient screw top, it is perfect to transport to a picnic or the beach. This has a crisp, refreshing taste, which makes it another perfect choice for summer. French Pool Toy checks all the whimsical boxes. CHEERS!


(local stores are Leary's Liquor Cabinet and Nicolas Roberts in Darien, CT)